2001 Leatherman PST II Tool
Early 2001 small pivot
Late 2001 beefy pivot
Click to enlarge
In 2001, both the PST and the Leatherman PST II tools were given a heavier set of pliers, with more metal around the pivot (just the opposite of what happened to the Super Tool in 1996). Tools produced early in the year still had the lighter pliers, the same as in 2000. The heavier pivot continued into early 2002, and until the end of production in 2003. All of the 2001 tools that we have seen have USA on the pivot.
Size & Weight: The Leatherman PST II tool is 102mm (4") long, 28mm (1.1") wide, and 12.5mm (1/2") thick. It weighs about 148.7 grams (5.2 oz).
Colors: The PST II comes in
Buy Early 2001 on Smartknives
Buy Late 2001 on Smartknives
Similar Leatherman tools:
- Wingman: small plain file, box cutter instead of medium/small screwdrivers
- Blast (retired): plain blade, plain file, adds wood saw
- PST (retired): awl instead of scissors, plain file
- PST II (retired): directory of all model years
- Pulse (retired): plain blade, thumb-grip lock release